In most cases EMH Sports does not prorate for missed weeks. Our monthly cost is reduced from the one-day price based on the purchase of a full month. We do have a few exceptions when we allow you to prorate.
- When can I prorate?
- Alternatives to prorating?
- Rules on prorating
- How do I prorate?
- How much can I take off?
- If EMH Cancelled Class - If one or more weeks of a sport was cancelled by us due to rain, heat, park closure, or other reasons. In that case a makeup day is usually offered, or you can get a makeup pass to another class, an account credit, a refund, or prorate that month if you have not yet paid for it.
- If EMH did not offer 4 weeks - If we started a sport late and/or only offered 3 weeks. This can happen due to low enrollment week 1 or a holiday that interferes with scheduling at your park. For example, December is commonly a short sport-month.
- If you paid the Premium price - If you buy the Premium PE Class you can prorate for missed weeks and just buy 1, 2, or 3 weeks at $9 per day. Just buy the One Day Passes to pay for fewer weeks.
- If you already Paid - If you used a Day Pass for week 1, had a free trial, makeup day pass, etc, you can prorate the rest of the month if you buy the entire month of that sport.
If you already paid or don't want to figure out the prorate amount, you may instead...
- Get a Day Pass - We can issue you a free one day pass for any week that was not offered. Order your pass now or just ask for a pass credit.
- Get an Account Credit - If you overpay our order processors will often catch it and issue you a credit. But please check and if you do not see one, you can use our credit request form.
- Personal Absence - Unless you buy the Premium PE Class, you cannot prorate when you miss for personal reasons, only when EMH Sports cancels or does not offer a class. But you can always buy makeup passes instead for classes you miss.
- School Funding - If you are using school funds there might be restrictions on how and when you can prorate, depending on your school. Please check with us, do not just have the school make out a purchase order for less.
- Holidays - If you are using school funds and they do not pay for certain non-school dates or holidays but we hold class, you cannot prorate the month even if you do not attend. You will have to pay for the additional day out of pocket.
- Sibling Discount - If you are using the sibling discount and qualify for a prorated price (see above), you can prorate the sibling discount as listed below. Ask us if you need help with amounts.
- Other Discounts - If you are using one of our 10% off discounts (Earlybird or Bulk) and qualify for a prorated price (see above), you can prorate the discounted price as listed below. Ask us if you need help with amounts.
You can prorate in several ways....
- Adjust your final price - Put the full priced month in your cart for each child, then do a price adjustment at the end to take off the cost of one day. Type a negative amount on the Price Adjustment product and add it to your cart before you check out.
- Type your price - You can buy the PE Class - Special Pricing product. Type in the amount you are paying for the month and add it to the cart.
- Get a credit - You can buy the full priced month, make a note that you want a credit for the prorated amount, and we will figure out how much and issue a credit when we process your order. You or your school will pay full price now and we will give you a credit to use later. Your credit can be monetary, or it can be a one day pass credit to use later.
When buying a full month and one of the days was already paid for, or class was not held by us, you may take off the following amount from the total...
- PE Class - Economy and Deluxe PE, take off $7.00 per day*
- PE Class - Economy and Deluxe PE with 10% off, take off $6.30 per day*
- PE Class - Sibling Discount (both Economy and Deluxe level), take off $7 (or $6.30) first child, $6 second child, $5 third child*
- PE Class - Premium PE, take off $9 per day or just buy single day passes
- PE Class - Premium PE with 10% off, take off $8.10 per day
*The Deluxe level perk of an included makeup pass is $2 extra per month, and that portion is NOT prorated, so your prorated price is just on the one day portion of $7.00